Thursday 29 October 2015

day 21 conclusion

rather disappointingly the rest of the encounter is fairly tame, the tunnels hold only two zombies, which are easy meat for the pair of heroes.  They meet up with the weather-girl who when i rolled for her turned out to be a rep 2, unarmed teen! I was hoping for a replacement for Nash, my fat Elvis impersonator and i got Buffy's weedy cousin.  The team picked Debbie up on the way out of the area and they slunk off to lick their wounds.

The after party rolls started off well with Debbie recovering from her wounds with no problem and JJ gaining +1 rep to make her an impressive 5.  However Ling Mei once again failed to increase and massively failed the keeping it together rolls with a dismal 0d!  JJ now a meaty 5 easily passed 2d and decided to go solo and check to see if her parents survived....

So Nash dead, JJ heading for parts unknown and a weak replacement for the missing crew - not a good encounter for Ling Mei and co. I don't know whether to keep going with these guys or not?  I've recently painted up a family of survivors for Zombtober and want to give them a whirl with some house rules I've devised for them.  So maybe I'll mothball Ling Mei and Debbie and introduce the new Simpson family, a white trailer trash bunch o' kick ass rednecks?

  


7 comments:

  1. I would keep going with the team you have. Nothing to stop you running the others in tandem. They might even run into one another but as friend or foe?

    In any case, you could take it as JJ wanting to go find her parents; If the others come with her then fine, if not she will go alone. You could make JJ as the leader for that part of the 'adventure' to add weight to the task.

    I see Game Mayhem on your blog list and he had some nice ideas in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run them until they die dude! They should all go with JJ, they may not even get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good chaps, I like the idea of running two alongside each other although it might get a bit tangled. Game Mayhem is an awesome blog so I'm sure I can "borrow" and adapt some good story lines...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of JJ becoming the leader - maybe even make her the star, and 'downgrade' Ling Mei to a grunt until either JJ gets home, dies or fails her 'keeping it together' roll. Not a bad way to keep going with the same crew, but mixing it up a bit.

    For myself, I have tried to keep going as long as part of the team, or even just the star survive. It can get very difficult, but you never know what's going to happen. You could just have Ling and Debbie meet your new family, and see what happens.

    I appreciate everyone's compliments on Game Mayhem. I'll try and keep the quality worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots to think on then, I have gamed day one with the family to get a feel of some of their house rules so will post about those soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dice do have a habit of giving you head aches don't they ?. I would see this an anopporunity for reflection on how you want to processd with "the party"., JJ and your new group - the rednecks.
    A lone JJ may generate some interesting scenarios, the party will be up against it of course and again will make for some very 'tight' scenarios as they try to survive; the 'rednecks' could be played as in an earlier period of your apoacalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sure do Zabadak as I've said I like the idea of running these guys alongside the rednecks with some intersection, like a crossover episode!

    ReplyDelete