Saturday 16 April 2016

Post Salute post

hi all

An off schedule, very quick, rough and ready Post salute post (I'll leave the dissection of the day to the experts). This was my first major show and what a show it was! I don't remember who did what and I'm just going to post a load of pictures of the demo games of which there were loads, all of good to excellent quality and the ones that I played were fun including Bushido which, despite my recent posts was my first game of it! It was awesome and I'm glad I got a faction before, I also bought a second faction immediately after playing which will be featured as and when I get them done (I still have a few more posts from my Temple of Ro-Kan faction yet). I also played Wacky Races based on the cartoon from the 70's - loads of fun! And a 54mm Napoleonic game by Victrix - the minis were amazing. 

I managed to spend a ton of cash, although I could have spent a ton more! The discounts I got were amazing all on games I wanted to spend money on - no frivolous spends for me. As well as a new Bushido faction I grabbed the Saga rule set, a game I've had my eye on for years, an Anglo-Saxon starter set and accessories. With Rich and Chris also buying Saga stuff it looks like a little project is forming with each of the guys promising to contribute their Saga saga (!) to this blog, something to look forward to I hope.

Anyway the first pic is of all the swag I grabbed from the show including Saga, Bushido, Hasslefree and bizarrely some kangaroos....... The rest is of the demo games and the last is a pic of the nerdy travellers

my swag, ignore the tray at the top, that's a build project i'm working on 

Bushido - demo walk through

a sci-fi/steampunk nautical game

a massive Napoleonic, the board was a spray-painted rug and looked superb as flowing meadow grass

A huge Halo participation game

this looked amazing (can't remember the game though)

54mm Victrix Napoleonic

Team Yankee,  no different to Flames of war I guess

something to do with the Congo I think


Gates of Antares

GW - boo, hiss!! actually this was one of the most lacklustre games.....

ACW - Warlord (I think)

this was a mix of all sorts of models/manufacturers

dropzone (I think)

the bridge of the starship enterprise

a steampunk game, not sure of manufacturer

each pod on this scratchbuilt ship was a dropzone tank!

an Indian railway skirmish

Pike and Shot

Battlestar Galactica!!!! oh yes it was!!!

Wacky Races

A Vietnam game (not sure which)

Lion Rampant

Nerds Assemble!!  For those that don't know I'm front and centre

Enjoy
dGG

Ps my apologies to my fellow bloggers, I missed the meet. I was there I promise but for some reason never connected, i guess it doesn't help not knowing what you guys look like in the flesh. Maybe next year! i'll wear a red carnation instead of my Zombie t-shirt....

31 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic and a nice haul. Must go 1 day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, gutted to have missed you (and your follow-up email!!). But I'm absolutely delighted that you enjoyed the show as it was undoubtedly the busiest "Salute" I can recall. Looking forward to seeing your excellent "Bushido" buys and perhaps we'll get the chance to meet at "Warfare" or "Colours" later in the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so mate, that would be great! Let me know when/where they are and I'll check my availability :-)

      Delete
    2. Andy, the next big one I tend to visit is "Colours" in Newbury on Saturday 10th September 2016. Not too sure if that's too far South for you?

      Delete
    3. I'll check my rota/availability. I'm in Kent so it's not too bad Simon

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a great time. Good for you! Thanks for sharing so many photos of the games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan, you really are missed at these events my friend. Perhaps one year you'll visit the show. I'd even pay for your Qbuster ticket!! :-)

      Delete
    2. I had a brilliant time Bryan, I like the chance to sample games and see so many well painted miniatures....oh and grab a few bargains!

      Would be good to see you down this way mate.

      Delete
    3. Guys, I'd love to attend, despite the LOOOOOOOOOOONG distance to travel. I really must make it happen one year. Sure, the game demos and trade stands would be worth seeing but what I'd really love to do is meet up with my fellow bloggers.

      Delete
  4. My first one too, Andy, in which I failed to r take any pictures or play any games. I did manage to meet up with Roger, Simon and Michael though and make a few minor purchases, so I count that as a win.
    And the particularly nice looking pirate game was Freebooter's Fate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes it was, it looked excellent! Shame I didn't get to meet you guys, I'm rubbish at introducing myself to people, next year though I will do it!

      Delete
  5. Excellent haul and some fab looking tables! I hope to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Simon, the train from Brum isn't too bad mate

      Delete
  6. Great job and glad you had a good time, but sorry not to have the opportunity to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an impressive looking haul, shame you kissed the blogger meet up! Didn't realise your a Kent boy too? Whereabouts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I was meant to kiss anyone Ray! Lol

    I'm in Ramsgate mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos looks like you hade a Great timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great games and a great haul (obviously just essentials) - shame you missed the meet-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. obviously joe.....errr...haha!

      SAGA is definitely essential and loads of Bushido!

      i'm gutted about the meet :-(

      Delete
  12. owwww, I missed you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame mate, it seems I missed just about everybody...... :-(

      Delete
  13. great pics dudde, I only took a few too busy looking and playing. You missed out Batman and marvel ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Stefan is wanting to get into batman etc

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the report(I'm in Italy and it's not easy for me to go to London) of this great appointment ! All the best, ciao Carlo

    ReplyDelete