Tuesday 19 April 2011

First battle....

As any hard bitten gamer will testify to, you gotta play man, you just gotta play! da Gobbo's no different.  Just as soon as I had put together the figures and chucked some slap on them, the Fae were ready to rock and/or roll!  My army consisted of only the models in the IOB box set and I had to download the sample army list off of the GW site as I had no army book but I was champing at the bit to unleash my pent up fury!

Oh how I was gonna smash novice player Rich and his puny rat-things... oops...well....maybe not quite smash....

Things did not go entirely according to the plan, I cannot remember the blow by blow as this was about 2 months ago but lets just say curses to Skaven magic and their wacky war machines! I showed all the tactical nounce of a 4 week old spaniel.  I do remember letting his warmachines pound my low toughness/saving throw infantry to little green glowing pieces without reply, his warlock chucked warp lightning about like Zeus on speed.  My Griffon mounted general wasted his time and talents pulping a clan rat unit and putting them to flight but this was only after a couple of rounds of combat.  My Sword Masters who stood poised to mince his Rat Ogres, quailed at the sight of the mutated monsters, failed their fear test and were promptly dispatched..... all in all it was a disaster!! eeek!!

Back to the drawing board....

No comments:

Post a Comment