Friday 20 September 2024

The Burrows of Warren Percy - part 1

 Hi y’all

This week’s offerings are a bunch of buildings that I made over the spring/summer of this year for the “Warren Percy Affair” - a two player campaign for Burrows & Badgers, by Michael Lovejoy. This awesome skirmish game pits two warbands of anthropomorphic animals against each other in a series of connected scenarios from a training session to a full on barroom brawl…

There is a lovely mdf terrain set by Sarissa Precision, specifically designed for the campaign and it’s really cool and looks beautiful and you can see them here as I'm happy to support the Lovejoys by providing links to their website. However, that support stated, I felt like I could make my own versions for a lot less money and still do them justice. So I split the buildings into two different types - the traditional medieval type building and the more uniquely “burrow” like dwellings that give the game such a distinct feel. 

The first batch of buildings that I made were the burrows. I didn’t make a “how to” video for these like I used to do back when I was blogging regularly but I did get a few progress snaps.

This is how all my projects start - a bloody mess!

a combination of blue XPS and coffee stirrers


a wet wipe provides a bit more strength than toilet tissue for the canvas covering

he bottom building has a platform for bird characters to land on

a heavy mix of PVA and water to seal the foam and protect it from the aerosol
of the priming spray

then some zenithal sprays



Brother Mortimer's Den - a cleric and chief brewer




Prickly Jane's Cottage - the hedgehog hedge-witch

Rumbolt's Place


Salvor's Burrow

The Altar

The Undergrass



With the rounded doors and rustic architecture, these citizens of Northymbria are denizens of the more rural parts of the mythical county - wooden plank roofs and single story buildings as well as the "Rabbit Hole" type building - the Undergrass,  that reminds me of Bugs Bunny cartoons. I had a lot of fun building these characterful houses and think they represent the “official” buildings well, use the link that i provided at the beginning of the post to find out.

That’s it for this week, I’ll show the more traditional style buildings in the next post

Hope you enjoy 

dGG

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic buildings Andy, you have really done a great job replicating the designs, and I think your added touches make yours better. Look forward to seeing the next batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome work, Andy. Those look terrific, and would grace any tabletop (or perhaps Shire ;-) ). Love your WIPs too, as I always like to see how things are built from the ground up. Looking forward to seeing the next ones.

    ReplyDelete