Friday 13 September 2024

So what games are we playing now?

 hi y'all

So, the last post showed you what I'm playing on, but what games am I actually playing? Four and half years ago it was mainly Blood Bowl, some ATZ and Bushido. 

I'm still playing Blood Bowl and have been trying to get to some local tournaments over the last couple of years as the league play is hindered by lack of interest at my local club and my shifts. I have been adding various teams to my collection in addition to the Humans, Skaven, dark elves, pro-elves and halflings. Slann, Goblins, Amazons, Wood Elves, High Elves, Lizardmen, Norse, Chaos Dwarfs and Vampires have all been built and painted and will be shown off over the coming months but as a taster here is one of my favourite team sculpts - Chorfs!! the team will need tweaking now the official GW minis have been launched, due to the new positionals. The minis I got from Comminex and I can't tell you the designer (although I think they are a very old Greebo sculpt).










I still haven't found nicer sculpts than these for BB and although Chaos Dwarfs don't play to my style, being more Bash than Dash, I still had to have them.

Another game that I've been playing a lot of is Burrows and Badgers, the game of anthropomorphic animals by Michael Lovejoy. It's a fantastic skirmish battle game, with delightful miniatures and although the warbands have a low model count, I have gone a bit nuts and bought loads of them! I can't help it, the miniatures are amazing and the game is a lot of fun, with a relatively simple ruleset. 

Lady D'Eath - fox assassin

Madame Tilly - cat crackshot

Dandy Fox Highwayman

Fox bandit

Fox Mage

It has also inspired me to build loads of new terrain. All built from scratch, with a few printed scatter pieces that finish the look off nicely. I'll go into more of the buildings and how I did them in later posts as there are quite a few more and some interesting pieces as well.









As this post is getting fairly long already, I'll kind of skim over the other systems/games with just a couple of pics and a bit of blurb, just to whet your appetite and know that I'll be doing more in depth posts at a later date.

 I've also just started playing Star Wars Legion, which is a game with a larger model count than I normally go for, but it's Star Wars innit so I've just got to play. 

Count Dooku

and his Magna Guard

I've also finally got to play a decent Cowboys/Wild West game - Dead Man's Hand. A brilliantly simple skirmish game, which again has led me start building some nice old West buildings




There also have been a smattering of other games like Bolt Action and the like but they are few and far between. As for my beloved Bushido, all games have dried up due to a complete lack of interest from anyone else in the club and Damon having drifted off, so my huge collection sits on shelves gathering dust until I can coerce someone into a demo game and spark their interest.

As for ATZ that is definitely coming as I'm currently writing up a batrep....

hope you enjoy 

dGG





7 comments:

  1. fantastic looking miniatures and scenery Andy, and look forward to seeing more especially the batrep, I painted my first Burrows and Badgers model this year for a client, great sculpts and were fun to paint, so can see why you keep getting more ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such characterful sculpts mate, i'm currently painting another half dozen atm.

      Delete
  2. Wow! There's a month worth of my painting output all crammed into a single post, Andy. LOL!!! Great selection of figs and scenery - especially the Star Wars element featuring my fave George Lucas character - Count Dooku!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a lot to show case after all the time I've been away Simon. More goodies on the way

      Delete
    2. Dooku is my favourite too, he's the reason I went with CIS faction in Legion

      Delete
  3. I love the Bloodbowl teams. I have a lot to paint when my stuff gets out of storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads more teams to see Phil, so stay tuned

      Delete