Saturday 28 September 2019

Gooooood Evening Sports Fans.....

Hi all

Wow! So looking back through my old posts to see when I last wrote about Blood Bowl, only to discover it was well over a year and a half ago!

Oh yeah, this post is about Blood Bowl... oops!




So anyway, I was looking for some online gaming a couple of weeks back, playing Warhammer Total War and Scythe, when I stumbled across an ad for Blood Bowl II.  Instantly I wanted that game, I'd played the first version on PS3, enjoyed it and then my son moved out and took his consoles with him.  I tend not to play too many digital games as I find most of them too annoyingly similar, but I do enjoy strategy games and love BB so I duly purchased the game on Steam and have been playing it ever since! Then I got the BB novels by Matt Foebeck off my shelf and reread them! then I purchased the kindle version of a short story anthology for BB. The obsession began...

Finally, I cracked out the box I had sitting on my shelf for so long gathering dust and started painting miniatures!

Meet the Ubersreik Underworld:





 

The Double U's are a mainly human team based in the Free City of Ubersreik, part of the Reikland and not too far from the infamous Castle Drachenfels. Ubersreik (click the link) is a major trading centre along the mighty Reik river and across the main trading routes to Brettonia.  The city is currently in a state of upheaval, following a removal of the ruling family - the Von Jungfreund, by the Emperor himself.  It is also the setting for WHFRP 4ed and a bloody dodgy place to boot! The Underworld are financed and owned by a very shady character indeed, the mysterious "Gobbo", although he is most definitely not a greenskin, that much is just about all anybody knows about him...

As for the team, they are up and coming, or so it is said (mostly by themselves). After a rather rocky debut, which they lost in the dying seconds, new blood has arrived to strengthen the team and drive them forward.

Yes I managed to play a game of BB for the first time in 25 years, against Damon's Orcs and lost 3-2 with the final touch down coming in the last turn of the game due to a double fumble by my Thrower. Despite that, it was great fun and I'm determined to get more games in before joining a local league, when they hit their second season next year.

Next weeks post, we will meet the team!

hope you enjoy
dGG







12 comments:

  1. Oh... Blood Bowl. Great posting Andy. Your sizeable squad looks truly excellent and its great to hear you got a game in too; despite the double fumble. Very much looking forward to meeting the team :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then you're in for a treat Simon as I've got the next few weeks of BB posts lined up.

      Delete
  2. Great looking team Andy, and what a close result in your game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Dave, it literally came down to the last turn - gutted

      Delete
  3. Ah the beautiful game. A lovely looking team with a great 1st edition ogre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the scale creep is a bit obvious though Phil ;-)

      Delete
  4. I do like the look of your team, Andy. I don't recognise who made the cheerleaders and the management/support ladies. Who produces them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadowforge Miniatures mate, great company and I've got some more cool stuff from them

      Delete
  5. Along with Space Hulk, this is one of the best games to ever come out of GW.
    Great looking team btw.

    ReplyDelete