Wednesday 9 August 2017

The kindness of others

Hi all

This week has been hard, a poorly daughter (who is getting better bit by bit and thank you all for the best wishes) and some seriously challenging shifts along with some disappointing news regarding the postponement of exam review boards has led to me being very downcast.  So with almost divine timing (if you believe in that kind of thing!) this morning I received a parcel that has bought a big ol' smile to my face.  

So a little background first, as you know I'm gonna put on a demo/participation game in feb and I've decided to go with a zombpoc theme. A few very nice chaps have offered me their help and I'm truly grateful for that (and I will be taking them up up on the offers too!) including a fellow that is new to blogging and a new follower of this (not so)humble blog - Greg from "The Wargame Addict".  If you haven't checked it out yet, then I urge you to do so as he is doing some excellent posting with a truly gripping ATZ campaign.  Anyhoo, Greg who I have not known very long, offered to send me some vehicles to populate my game boards, an offer which I gratefully accepted as I'm a little light in this regard, particularly rescue/responder vehicles.  Not only did he refuse my offer of any payment he sent me these....


Just a load of vehicles!! including a bus, which I have been looking for and a rather cool mini cooper, which I SHOULD have been looking for! ;-).  They are excellent for scale, detail and finish (although I'll probably weather them up a bit) and I'm so very pleased with them.






I'm really tempted to send the bus to Dave Stone who has volunteered to help me with some of his sculpting brilliance but I may try to source another as I really, really like it as it is - ooooh I'm so torn as I know Dave has something really cool in mind too..........

anyway I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Greg for his amazing gift, not only will it help me in feb (and my normal gaming) but it restored a little bit of faith in this tired and cynical Gobbo. What a thoroughly wonderful hobby we partake in.

best wishes all
dGG

30 comments:

  1. Nothing gladdens my heart more than reading posts like this. What a lovely gesture from Greg, which just proves most our followers are simply the best. I'm delighted for you, mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, I'm overwhelmed by his generosity tbh. So kind

      Delete
  2. lovely feeling isnt it when this happens. And I`m really chuffed for you Andy.

    Um, why is the POLICE on the front of the car written back to front hehe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol proves the point as to why they do it in real life doesnt it Hils...

      Delete
    2. but, but..... but.. WHY? lol

      Delete
    3. So if you look at the vehicle in your rear view mirror, you read it the right way and move out the way when the blue lights come on.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful gift from Greg ! Andy had a thought on the idea, what if it was a tanker so adds a ticking time bomb element to the game ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is mate, im stoked. Cracking idea Dave i still need to source one though

      Delete
    2. Will keep an eye out this weekend at the show I'm attending, what length would it ideally be ?

      Delete
    3. 1/43 or 1/50 scale would work well I think buddy, let me know :-)

      Delete
  4. Another 'win'. For both yourself, and Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gifts Andy, you must have quite the "car park" full by now.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there Roger thanks to Greg, could always do with more though!

      Delete
  6. Great hobby news, Andy, and a wonderful gift indeed. That picture of the medic with the machete is a bit disconcerting though... have you posted him up before, or is that a model of you before you received Greg's generous freebies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the star of my ATZ campaign Simon - Andy "Gobbo" Wosa

      Delete
  7. That Greg is a proper gent! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice gift indeed! Glad to hear your daughter is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ECILOP

    Secret code. Its a cipher. Only works when viewed through a mirror.
    This way they can hide messages in plain site, lets others know its only to be read in an emergency. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great gift and very useful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very useful and very appreciated too :-)

      Delete
  11. Excellent very kind of the commendable chap :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fine additions to the Gobbo motor-pool.

    ReplyDelete