Tuesday 29 August 2017

Blood and guts

Hi all

I have been looking to make some blood spatter bases for my zombie games (and others) for a while now.  Other bloggers have done it before and I'm envious at the neat little way it tallies zombie kills and adds another layer to the gaming experience.  I made some a couple of years ago out of mdf and some filler, but I really like the clear bases that others have used. So while I was on Warbases the other day looking for unit bases for my Ancients armies, I happened to pick up 40 clear acrylic bases really cheaply.

Now I'm not going to insult you guys on how I put "base plus Tamiya Clear Red" together in a tutorial but I will show you how I made the "Guts" part of the title.  "Borrowed" mostly from a very talented lady who calls herself the Crafting Muse.  I poured hotglue onto baking paper to make blobs, then rather than painting them red I gave them a more realistic purple, blue, red with black clots colouring.


I then mounted them on the clear bases (I did six in total)


When covered by the Tamiya Clear Red it looks really good!


and on the board they look like......


let me know what you think?

cheers
dGG

31 comments:

  1. Those are wonderfully gruesome, we shall certainly be copying that idea at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be my guest mate, i borrowed the idea myself 😉

      Delete
  2. They look awful Andy.
    Jon well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - early morning typo "Job" well done!

      Delete
    2. Haha no worries buddy, glad you liked them.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks HW i think the owners would be pleased to hear that... Lol

      Delete
  4. Wifey entered the room, took one look and left... they don't understand these spouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, its the look they give yoy with it!

      Delete
  5. Great idea Andy, and well executed

    ReplyDelete
  6. That put me right of my "Black pudding" sandwich! great work Andy. Sick, but great.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha. Great stuff! I am looking forward to seeing what you do for zomtober now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and a good 3d effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. Not what I was expecting while drinking my coffee this morning. Very gruesome looking indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cor they are proper grim looking. Brilliant mate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. they look gruesome
    Too gruesome for my weak stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liar... I bet that gave you a chuckle.

      Cheeky git. Although I am not saying I have seen some real life things as bad as you ever will. I have "Blue lighted" someone to hospital in London before and assisted in theatre and dealt with patients who have come in after being seen by paramedics, and still eaten lunch! (I will admit I did have to leave theatre once before I passed out! But still.

      Delete
    2. Maybe a little....

      I think it surprises people that we can go these things and still eat straight away :-)

      Delete
  12. oh yuck, these are so grim, they almost turn my stomach. Not sure if I should say WOW, as they are so well done, or Eeeewwww!! at the sight of them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea. Might have to steal this from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete