Friday 19 February 2016

Coppers

A long while ago I was looking for some paramedic miniatures to start to go with the hospital set up I was looking to build. Some time back, Bryan aka Vampifan recommended a range of models from Warmacre. So I duly looked them up, loved the set and purchased them. Very shortly after I had them painted and posted them!

Now in the same set came these crackers, that until now had been sitting on the paint table with only a primer coat on....





The good ol British Bobby! With no firearms these guys enforce the law using their persuasive powers, pepper spray and a good old fashioned truncheon (well ASP!) British coppers are a great set of people and I have nothing but admiration for them and the job they do! Literally they have saved my skin on more than one occasion when I've been working. So this is in honour of them.....thanks lads and lasses of Her Majesty's Constabulary.

16:19 (+3)
figs bought:painted (difference)

16 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I have been eyeing these up recently too so it's good to hear positive things about the models. How did you paint them up? Nice high vis jackets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ragsta, the figs come with resin bases so they are easy..lol
      They were painted with citadel colours, the vis was Iyanden dark sun which I think is now called Averland Sunset, washed in sepia. And the stripes were white then washed in nightshade (blue)

      Delete
    2. And the black uniform? :) Still looking for alternatives to my black washes over grey drybrushing y'see.

      Delete
    3. Black is still a struggle, but I do steer away from dry brushing black now as it give it a v grey look. Just v dark grey almost black highlights on the raised areas and then a miniscule medium grey on the very uppermost ones, less really is more when it comes to black I find....

      Delete
  2. They are superb! I quite fancy some of them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite lovely, the paramedics that came with the set are brilliant

      Delete
  3. I love these figures, Andy. You timed your post well as I'm busy painting a bunch of Crooked Dice Games police constables to use in an upcoming batrep for 7TV2e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'was a good steer bro :-)

      I love the crooked dice constables, actually I love their whole damn range. Damn the two Simons (Brummie and Blaxkleric) for putting me onto 7TV2e

      ;-P

      Delete
  4. Very nice Andy! Too British for my American set apocalypse although maybe with some different paint they could become Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, yes v British, I have yanks but these guys came with the paramedics, I'm glad they did as they look fab!

      Delete
  5. Very nice. They look the part, and quite the Bobby versus the American copper. They should make a nice addition to your games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N667 i'm thinking of multiple uses for them, nice little bonus when i got the medics

      Delete
  6. Good to see the brave British bobby getting some love, Andy. They look superb imho, though the one wearing the custodian looks like he's nodding off - doubtless he's been scene guard overnight :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Night shifts are exhausting Simon :-) I love the character of these chaps

      Delete