Monday 13 February 2017

A brief intermission

hi all

No hobby post from me today, as last night I had to say goodbye to my mum.  It was all very sudden and came out of the blue, no illness or decline in health, just one minute she was here and the next she wasn't.  This has obviously left me and my family in a state of shock and with a lot to process. So this post really has a few purposes.

firstly is to explain why I might not be commenting on my favourite blogs for a bit - it's not that I'm not reading them but...

Secondly to ask you to bear with me as there will be a pause on posts from me for a bit as although I have already prewritten some posts I feel that I want to take a week or so and process. 

Thirdly the NHS in the U.K. is one of the most amazing institutions ever created and staffed by this country's (and many others) finest, kindest and most caring people, it is a credit to this country and must never be taken for granted - EVER!

Lastly and most importantly, don't take it for granted that your loved ones know how you feel about them. Tell them often and always, hold them close and treat them well as you literally have no idea when it may be the last opportunity you have to do so.

Take care
Andy

15 comments:

  1. Truely sorry to hear this dGG. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commisserations, the blogging community is with you, I'm sure; take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sorry to hear this mate, it's never easy to deal with, take as long as you require we'll all still be here.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartfelt commiserations, Andy. I know what it feels like to lose a parent. Take as long as you need to get over this tragedy. We'll still be here when you feel the need to return to blogging. My prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear of your terrible news. Look after yourself and those around you

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you, Andy. Whilst your presence will be missed, some things take precedent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Andy please accept my heartfelt and deepest sympathies. We will be here when you are ready and able to return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrible news Andy. My condolences and whenever you're ready to come back to the hobby, we'll be here waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss Andy, here for you if you need a friend mate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry for your loss.
    If you need anything I am an email away.
    Thinking of you in this troubled time and wishing you well.
    Do not reply, just know I am here if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrible news. My deepest condolences, Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very sorry to hear this; my thoughts are with you and your family. Keep talking to those around you; it can help to air your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im sorry for your loss, its always hard to lose some on close to you.

    ReplyDelete