Monday 20 February 2017

a big thank you

Hi all

a couple of "thank yous" today, just to get back into the swing of things.

Firstly, thank you for all the kind wishes and thoughts from those of you in the blogging world following my recent bereavement.  The very sudden loss of my mother was a shock to me and my family and the support I've received from friends, colleagues and fellow bloggers has been both humbling and much needed, I truly thank you all.

Secondly, I recently commented on another blog written by the awesome Lord Siwoc from Brains and Guts regarding my favourite of all films (even more than Mad Max 2) the most excellent - The Warriors.

Image result for The Warriors

The 1979 classic was one of the first films I ever saw on VHS video! and a film I watch at least 3 or 4 times a year.  Anyway onto the thank you, Clint from ANYTHING BUT A 1 saw my comment and informed me that he had a copy of the original book, not the one of the film but the one that inspired the film.  Not only that but he would send the copy to me for me to borrow - What a gent!  So thanks a million Clint, I'm enjoying it immensely :-)


With that in mind I'm now looking for 28mm miniatures of the Warriors.  There was a kickstarter a while back that never came to fruition by Ghetto Miniatures, I think there was an issue with copyright or something.  However they did come up with these beauts!

Image result for the warriors boppers miniatures

I need these......or something like them.  Any ideas gratefully received.

Lastly not a thank you but a link to my latest YouTube video, the 4th battle from "The Starter Set Wars" a series of Bushido games charting mine and Damon's mini tournament, you can thank ME later ;-P

https://youtu.be/4hPiO2bRnPI

hope you enjoy
dGG





25 comments:

  1. Great to have you back, Andy. I'm going to check out your latest Bushido video right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Andy, if I spot anything when at shows I will let you know, look forward to watching the vid later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, hopefully I'll see you at Salute then. Enjoy the vid

      Delete
    2. Indeed, remember chatting with you at last years. Luckily both the places I could be are right opposite each other so shouldn't be hard to miss

      Delete
  3. Very sorry to hear about your mum, my deepest commiserations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you posting again, but we all appreciate that it will take time. Clint is such a wonderfully generous human being and this is typical of his kindness, we are very lucky in our cozy corner of the Blogosphere to have such people. As for the Warriors, really loved this film too and had backed the Kickstarter only to hear that they had been handed a cease and desist letter from the studio that holds the rights - such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very generous and I'm very grateful for it. I'd backed the KS too only for it to fall by the wayside. A shame as the minis looked terrific

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear of your loss dude.

    I may be able to help with figures. Look for Funky Skull Games on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brum, I was hoping you would comment on this post as the KS was one of your mates wasn't it? I'll check out the site thanks

      Delete
  6. Good to see you're coping and blogging is a good mechanism for that imho.
    I was because "Warriors" was such a film of it's time that it has become a 'classic' and a favourite of many many people, me included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hobby has been a terrific distraction tbh Joe, although haven't been motivated to write stuff up until this week.

      Delete
  7. Firstly I hope you will be at Cavalier next Sunday (Although I will not have too much time to chat).

    Secondly I am thrilled you like the book, and that it arrived. No need to return it at all. Just enjoy it and either keep it or pass it to a charity shop, it is yours now after all so do what you want!

    Thirdly. I did not back the KS, I was aware of it, but I did not back it as I just did not want to make the terrain! (Yeah I am a lazy git!)

    Take care mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no Clint as I'm in the middle of a theatres placement then so I have to prep.

      That's very decent of you, the film strays away from the book often but keeps that core running through it doesn't it?

      I think they're lining up to try one more time at the KS I will definitely be backing it, probably quite heavily (thanks Mr Quinton for the redirect)

      Delete
    2. I was never a fan of theatre! I nearly fainted in one op! Most ops I was alright with just this one time on a child of about 4 years of age!

      The book is good but the film is NOT a carbon copy! So just enjoy it foe what it is.

      Delete
    3. Most surgery is pretty brutal, hip replacements look horrendous but anything on a young kid is going to get to you.

      I'm definitely enjoying it and watched the film again over the weekend, even more importantly I handed the film for my son to watch and he enjoyed it too!!

      Delete
  8. Good to have you back, and I'll keep an eye out for any suitable "Warriors".

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back dGG! Not sure if you ever saw this, but they got the old gang together a couple of years ago for a video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMioYmZE2vU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is excellent, they look like they could still bop!!

      Delete
  10. Welcome back, Andy. I have to admit that whilst I am aware of the movie, I've never watched it. Probably too busy watching so-bad-they're-good sci-fi movies on Channel 4...
    From what I remember, this is a 1970's 'gang' movie, correct? In which case, you might find some suitable figures amongst Killer B's "Geezers - Shut It!" range, as I know they have a 'kung fu brother' in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez, 1979 it was released believe me it's well worth a look!
      I'll head over there now...

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear about your Mum, the pain does eventually go, but the memories don't. All the best.

    ReplyDelete