Monday 6 March 2017

the Administrator

Hi all

Another purchase for my emerging Silvermoon Trade Syndicate.  May I present Zo, a Saiko-Komon (senior advisor) and a welcome addition to the support section of my faction which currently is a little light in favour of the heavy hitters.  As I've stated before Bushido is all about scenario and sometimes disrupting your opponent's plans are just as important as swatting him with a giant Buto!! Anyway here's his blurb from GCT....

Exactly how Old Zo is remains unknown as it seems he has been in service to the Gumis of the Silvermoon for decades. If the years have taken their toll on his body they have certainly not affected his cunning mind and his famed intellect. Nothing gets past the owl like eyes surveying every situation from behind his rimmed glasses, weighing up the myriad options available.


Looking at his card, Zo is weak in melee, has no ranged attack and offers very little to the combat swirling around him  but what he does do is subtle and far more important.  At the beginning of the turn he puts up his "Tax" aura and all of sudden its harder for the other faction to pull off life saving Ki boosts or game changing Ki Feats, all the time swelling the Ki available to Zo and with his "Trade" feat he can then channel that to his fellow STS gang members allowing them to use the Ki - useful? Hell yeah!





Paint wise, he was a lovely one piece miniature, which I'm very grateful for.  Sticking to the rich reds and purples of my faction colours.  One day I'll get the perfect lighting for my iPad and take some decent pictures, but each of his kimono sections has a different floral pattern  which is fairly decent.

I have a tournament in a couple of weeks and I'll be taking the Silvermoon Trade Syndicate, maybe Zo will make an appearance, although at this stage he's untested so it will be a gamble, but gambling is what these guys do best......

hope you enjoy
dGG

39 comments:

  1. He is beautifully sculpted. What he lacks in combat abilities he more than makes up for in his support features and sheer annoyance factor to his opponents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Another purchase for my emerging Silvermoon Trade Syndicate" - That means you'll have the entire batch painted by the end of the month then Andy ;-) Superb paint-job, and he wouldn't look out of place performing at the Palace Theatre on an extended run...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do need more Butos.....

      He does a very theatrical but stern presence Simon ;-)

      Delete
  3. Good looking miniature, but in play I think he'll be targeted very quickly and may well be a difficult character to play well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Joe, tactically challenging to play but could be rewarding

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love the stern look over the half moon specs

      Delete
  5. Looks great Andy, especially in the context of those market stalls. I like the idea of the tax trait, but I would imagine that weak melee would make him vulnerable to an attack early on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needs a bodyguard Michael I think

      Delete
    2. That was certainly my thought too, it will be interesting to see how he plays.

      Delete
    3. That's why Butos were invented Michael. Manu would be perfect!

      Delete
  6. Nicely painted. Wax on wax off

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Attack of the pen pushers!
    I had hoped wargaming was a refuge from admin!

    Well painted but not what anyone wants to see on a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot run from admin Clint. The one is mightier than the sword!

      Delete
  8. What a great model Andy, and very well executed should fit in great with your factions colour scheme. As always with your post great information about the gaming side and background for anyone who doesn't know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, he looks the part for sure. I like to add the insights because it clarifies the role to me as I reason it out as well as (I hope) being interesting to others.

      Delete
  9. I have to agree with Clint above! Nice work dGG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A superb fig...and a superb paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A useful addition to your forces, Andy, and I much prefer your paint scheme to GCT's.
    On a semi-related note, I may have a suitable 'giant octopus' lurking somewhere amongst my bits and bobs. IIRC it's approximately 2 inches in diameter and made from fairly rigid plastic. If you think it will be of use, it's yours. Let me know and I'll pop him (it?) In the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez, kind words.

      Ooh yes please mate, that sounds very useful!

      Delete
    2. My pleaure. Just got to remember where I put the bloody thing. If I find it this evening, I'll pop it in the post tomorrow. Might make your docks an even more dangerous to walk. ;-)

      Delete
    3. I was actually thinking of a new board all together! But yes.... thanks mate I appreciate it!

      Delete
    4. "Unda da sea" by any chance? Finally, "The Little Mermaid" as a wargame! Lol

      Delete
    5. The sinister hand of Disney comes to wargaming......shudder!

      Delete
    6. Annoyingly, i can't find the octopus at present - might possibly be at my mum's. I'll have a look when I'm next over there - need to do a 'loft raid' anyway...

      Delete
  12. ok, you win.... having been looking at your blog for a while and been tempted by the Bushido figures and your enthusiasm for the game, I've finally crumbled and bought a faction for me and for a gaming mate as a birthday present! Now all I need to do is build a docks board like yours....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JamieM, thanks for commenting I always appreciate hearing from people and would encourage more to comment whether good, bad or indifferent.

      You will not regret it mate, just download the rules and buy/proxy the models you think suit your tastes best.

      Delete