Friday 20 January 2017

Secret Santa booty and prize draw reminder!

Hi all

just after xmas I posted a picture of the thoughtful Secret Santa gift I received.  This rather excellent idea is the brainchild of Ian and Catherine Wiley (run by Catherine, who was terrific) from "The Blog With No Name" the link for the blog is here.


Well I thought I would post up pictures of the completed pieces for the perusal of my SS and you all. Whoever my SS was, know that I'm very grateful and the carts have already featured in 3 Bushido games so far and are liable to feature heavily in the years to come, as for the building it will be incorporated into some board ideas I have bubbling in my brain.

All of the pieces are from 4Ground, i already own some of their excellent WW2 pre-painted buildings and I love them, like those these pieces were designed to put together and go straight onto the board, although you can add more paint to suit your tastes or existing stock of buildings. First of all then we have the Rice Barn...


The basic build is fairly straight forward although the doors were a bit fiddly and I ended up breaking a little peg on one of the doors, but when they were in place it hasn't made a significant difference so I'm not worried.


The teddy bear fur for the thatched roof, was quite interesting and I ended up brushing it with watered down PVA with an old toothbrush which was fairly weird but has a good effect and looks really nice.



The handcarts were simple as anything to put together and took less than 5 minutes each not inc drying time for the PVA.  Now I need to get a 28mm ox for the big cart....


They look really good on my Bushido board


Kohouei the ninja tries to hide from the watchful gaze of Manu the Buto....


And the steel bolts of Wasapu who had already cut down his bad ass ninja brother Katsumi


thanks again to my Secret Santa, much appreciated dude.

Just to remind you that you can still win that awesome Dice Bag from The Lucky Orc, all you have to do to be entered into the draw is add a comment below stating your favourite post of 2016 from this blog and why.


hope you enjoy
dGG


26 comments:

  1. The best gifts are those that are unexpected, yet completely appropriate. You couldn't have asked for more ideal presents.
    But where's the Cupid Burgers cart? I'm guessing that you haven't repainted the base to match your other terrain yet, so this is why it hasn't appeared in recent photos. You think Manu got that big from just eating rice? "Meat...give me meat...inna bun." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, the base has been primed and shaded mate, never fear Cupid Burgers will be coming to theatres near you as it will appear on the next video!!

      Ps I'm totally blaming you and Simon for the enormous Dr Who order I just placed with Black Tree.....

      Delete
  2. Gotta' love 4Ground! Excellent gifts, especially for a Secret Santa! I usually get something embarrassing...that Jedward mug, oh my...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are excellent gifts Tim and much appreciated too!

      Jedward mug........oh lord have mercy......

      Delete
  3. I, too, am a huge fan of all that 4Ground produces. These gifts you received certainly fit in well with your other terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do fit nicely and in future projects too no doubt. Welcome news from GCT is that there will be an official partnership between Bushido and 4Ground so I'm sure more goodies will be released!

      Delete
  4. Very nice. And they work really well on the board.

    (shame-faced plug) Colonel Bill's sell oxen suitable for 4Ground models. Also there's civilian crew figures designed to work with the 4Ground carts, too. (says the chap who 'works' for Colonel Bills) Apologies. I only mean to be helpful, so don't feel obliged to act on what I've said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, will Col Bills be at Salute?

      Delete
    2. Yes, Colonel Bill's is a confirmed trader at this years Salute.

      Delete
    3. Sweet, that's a stall I shall be visiting then!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous gifts and they really do look perfect on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice you lucky boy, I keep looking at fourgrounds stuff.

    Haven't succumbed yet, but it is only a matter of time.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger, the buildings are really good, I highly recommend the WW2 buildings, I use them for Bolt Action and my zomb apoc games

      Delete
  7. Lovely additions to your already superb table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, they'll do :-) . Sometimes the most useful items are ones that we didn't know we needed until they were given to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice additions to your scenery Andy

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do look good on your already fabulous board.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From ox to board in no time flat! What a great secret Santa parcel you had, it's no wonder you got them onto the table so fast and they do look the biz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zomtober week 5... what's not to like about `action paramedics'. May their stethoscopes never be cold !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Phil, what's not to like about action paramedics!

      Delete