Monday 16 January 2017

Man down, bring in the animals!

Hi all

I certainly suffer for my hobby at times! While attempting a rather ambitious piece of terrain, which I'm still hoping to achieve at some point, I managed to cause a rather deep tissue wound to my hand! I really shouldn't be allowed to use power tools it's quite a simple equation really....

THIS


PLUS THIS


EQUALS THIS


So that's me with a 1 1/2" incised wound down to the adipose tissues of the metacarpal/trapezium of the thumb.... oops.

Anyhoo, back to the models

More reinforcements for my new STS faction for Bushido.  I love animals in my factions particularly the gorilla for my beloved Temple of Ro-Kan, so its fantastic that I've managed to recruit two animal trainers to my cause.

Sukuratchi, a grizzled and season veteran of Jima’s famed fighting pits, an accolade that many in his trade cannot claim. His years training and taming animals means that Sukuratchi has a vast knowledge of skills and techniques that enable him to bring even the most fearsome of wild animals under his command or push a broken animal to amazing lengths of stamina. Always accompanied by Akuma or “Devil”, the animals named so for their constant snapping and pestering after food.




Sukuratchi is able to "command" 3 animals at  once so will be able to encourage his 'pets' to attack a model at once, sapping activations and spinning them around.  His "Spur on" Ki feat can mean that even animals that have been 'killed' can fight on.

apologies for the poor lighting


The second trainer is the one I'm more likely to use more often mostly because of her animal companion....

If Sukuratchi’s training is based on the lash, then Honoka’s is led by reward. This beautiful shatei would have been a Rose but for her love of animals. She is instantly able to form a bond with even the most wild and ferocious of beasts, turning them to her will. Her pack would lay down their lives in an instant for their pack leader, tearing to shreds any whom Honoka command. Her favourite is without question the silent stalker Hakashi, never far from her side but seldom seen, this majestic predator, a prime specimen of the Jwarian Leopard.   





again she has "command" 3 and so can command up to 3 animals to activate at once.  Her "Sic 'Em" Ki feat means that  multiple animals can attack an opponent and gain bonuses.  The leopard Hakushshi is a very powerful animal like my beloved Guardian and wonderfully the STS faction have access to a gorilla model, although not as powerful as the Temple version it is a bit cheaper and still a good fighter.  

photography in winter is so difficult


Both trainers can command the Wakusa Gorilla, pit dogs as well as their own  animals and provide me with some truly awesome looking minis to boot!

hope you enjoy
dGG








29 comments:

  1. Wow that's a wound and a half Andy, hope it gets better soon. The motto round here is it's not a proper project until someone's bled on it so can sympathise .
    The models look great and should add some fun into the faction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That motto is being adopted in da Grotto now Dave. My fave is the leopard and she works so well

      Delete
    2. If you were a GW player could always call out Blood for the Blood God ! the leopard is rather special

      Delete
  2. Ouch! I've injured myself plenty with hobby scalpels and the like, but never to the extent of requiring anything more than a large band-aid. Just what is that tool anyway - I don't recognise it? Looks as if it might be some form of circle cutter, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mate it's a circle cutter and fits in the end of a drill, following my incident I would surmise a hand drill rather than a power drill........

      Delete
  3. Wounded in action, huh? My commiserations, mate. A lovely collection of figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers buddy, yes they are lovely aren't they :-)

      Delete
  4. Perhaps some form of adult supervision is required? shame then that there are no adults around these parts, just big kids who play with toy soldiers.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I didn't tear my arm off! I definitely need adult supervision as unlikely as that is to happen, the missus just said "man up cupcake" after standing down the air ambulance that I had ordered in and before merely stern-stripping the wound at home....

      Delete
  5. Ouch! That sounds bloody nasty! Doesn't seem to have affected the painting skills, though...lovely figs, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I finished these figures before hand Gordon!

      Delete
  6. "Owww!" I bet you exclaimed when that happened (or something similar), I'm not allowed near power tools anymore too, I'd probably end up like you (or worse).
    I've always liked seeing animals in games, especially when they're the more proactive types, rather than 'dressing', markers, loot or or the like. I can see these being a complete pain to face but geat fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something very similar to that Joe.....
      These animals are a lot of fun to play and the leopard is totally awesome, just the threat of her had Damon changing his game plan, positioning - all sorts!

      Delete
  7. Oh dear Lord, you look after yourself please. Do love the animals though, very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying sir but tbf I shouldn't be let near the big stuff!

      They are very nice and STS have access to all sorts of animals - leopards, gorillas, dogs, weasels, roosters...

      Delete
  8. Ouch! Look on the bright side; man+powertools+bloody wound = The Toolmman power 'grunt'! I'll be watching for suspicioulsy realsistic blood effects on the next few project posts! More Bushido marvels too! In my best Borat impression, 'Very nice'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More womanly screams than manly grunts Tim! Fortunately I only splashed the patio, which would be interesting if the cops had reason to spot the puddle...

      Cheers mate :-)

      Delete
  9. Bah, you big baby! Stop whining and rub some dirt on it. It's a long way from your heart.

    :) Hopefully you get well soon enough. It's always impressive when one bleeds for their hobby. I admire your dedication for good blood effects! Your miniatures look great as always! The animals are an interesting addition. Your Bushido miniatures are very inspiring, I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound remarkably like missus Gobbo there N667! There is dedication to the hobby and then there's clumsiness personified...

      Thank you ;-)

      Delete
  10. As they say in movies: "It's only a flesh wound. " I am sure that won't stop you from hobbying.
    Safe recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Your arms come off"
      "No it hasn't"
      "Yes it has, look"
      "Come on you pansy!"

      Delete
  11. Ouch...ouch...and ouch! Really liking the animals and trainers though. Can we call this your Pokemon team?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha deffo my Pokemon team, gotta catch them all!

      Delete
  12. Lucky you had a trained paramedic available, although they probably should have advised you better.;=) An interesting selection of figures = I'd be inclined to just use the bird, because it appeals to my sense of fun. Hmmm, I'm assuming that the animal 'training' ability applies to ALL animals? So, potentially, you could have a flock of sheep? "Onward, my fleecy throng, mill about and get in the way of those ninjas..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Jez - schools of dolphins, herds of wild pigs, hordes (?) of tortoises.... the possibilities are limitless

      Delete
  13. Sorry you picked up the "Ouch-ie!" WE all do it all too often in my experience. I did (as I am sure most of us have) come close to a bad industrial accident at one point. But I still have both hands and have learnt NOT to do that again! I like to think of it as evolution in action. The smart ones learn from it and the dumb ones meet a messy accident!
    Not saying this near miss accident made me clever or anything just scared me so bad I don't want to feel that level of fear again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit Clint, that I nearly handed in my power tools and man card, but maybe I'll just get a decent clamp instead. As you say the smart ones learn....

      Delete
  14. Sorry about you hand but great looking figs!

    ReplyDelete