Monday 16 May 2016

double trouble

Hi all

To continue with my Prefecture of Ryu faction for Bushido, the next offering is the twins Genji and Eiji Takashi.  These guys are the perfect Samurai and here is their blurb from GCT....

Born to fight, there was never a doubt that these twins would take any path other than that of the samurai. Genji strong and quiet, Eiji quick to anger but equally quick to laugh, on the battlefield when fighting back to back they fight with an unmatched unity.

Genji Takashi

Genji is very much an attacking character



Eiji Takashi


note the Kanji on the Yuri - from L to R "death" , "war" , "life"




when painting these guys I did not want to paint them all blue like the guardsman but needed to tie them in, so decided to use the "GW Lothern blue" for the undergarment and make the armour black.  Now i'm not a great painter of black so i hope you'll forgive the greyness of the model but I hope it's not too bad.


not much more to say about these guys, they are solid fighters with 4 dice in combat and armour as well as either defensive or offensive traits. I intend to use them as designed i.e. as a pair, I want them working together in order to complement each others attack and support each other.

thats all for now, hope you enjoy

dGG



61:50 (-11)


figs bought:painted (difference)


17 comments:

  1. I love the figures, Andy. Outstanding work on painting the Kanji on Eiji's Yari shaft. Most impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bryan, not my best paintwork on the figures (although poor photography doesn't help ;-P) but I am pleased with the kanji

    ReplyDelete
  3. The miniatures are wonderful, but the characters on that shaft - wow, outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sir M, the kanji was a bit of a success so a bit of a Chesire Cat smile for your kind words

      Delete
  4. Very good looking figures and a great paint-job on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a simple ivory undercoat with brown wash on that shaft would do for me Andy, so oodles of kudos to you for such delicate brushwork. You've really turned my head with all this "Bushido" and I'm delighted to say I've now got two more blisters sat alongside some TMNT minis in what I refer to as 'Andy's drawer' ;-) Of course you still have a bit of a way to go before you get a wardrobe like Bryan's ruddy cost me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Come this way, Mr Simon, through to the back, for I have many, many shiny little men to show you and your purse is Oh so very heavy..."

      Delete
    2. Very nice work, Andy. It was when I enlarged the images to look at the kanji, that I noticed the ripening heads attached to each samurai's belt!
      You already know I shall be returning to Oriental Fantasy in July, but have no need (and therefore no temptation) to buy any further figures. Still have both Heroclix AND HeroScape figures awaiting repaints, including Ninja, Samurai, Ashigaru and what will become a Sumotori. Now if I just convince Simon to sell me his hopping vampire and ong-bak chap...

      Delete
    3. Simon - I'm quite unapologetic for costing you money only because they are just so lovely these miniatures and the game (which is free to download btw) is great so an investment rather than waste of money, I'm strangely happy I've got a drawer although realise Bryan and his massive collection and uncanny knack for finding cool minis has got a bit of a head start ;-)

      Delete
    4. Jez - firstly ....lol....

      Secondly cheers dude

      Thirdly Ong-Bak dude? I love that film, what Ong-Bak dude?

      Delete
    5. The Martial Arts Fanatic from the Fistful of King Fu Martial Arts Masters boxed set bears an uncanny resemblance to the lead from Ong-Bak...

      http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=5908

      Delete
    6. Haha yes he does, nice st of figs too!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Hobbyworker, the whole range is really good

      Delete
  7. Both are excellent minis and paint jobs at first sight I thought the Yari looked a bit frail but its got quite a good thickness in the later pics. Awesome work on the markings on it your painting is coming on in leaps and bounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Yari is fairly strong when it is attached to the limbs, a little thin around the blade where it is attached to the shaft. With regard to the painting, I think you're right, I think I've become more demanding with the way that they look and want to spend time painting them - the beauty of skirmish gaming as opposed to the mass armies I used to produce :-)

      Delete