Haven't finished the last write up for my latest family escapade yet so thought I would post a little update on my hospital project. I haven't progressed massively due to some horrendous shift patterns and my rubbish back but I did manage to tile the first floor, no pic for that effort as it looked the same as the ground floor, although you can see the bowls of hand painted and cut tiles I had prepared.
However the reason for the post was the roof, I've decided to the do the roof at the same time as the first floor. I had already cut out the roof when I did the other floors, using the same large sheets of foam board that i purchased from Hobbycraft when they were on special offer. So it was really simple to add a little wall around the edges, I also dropped the wall a little lower than the floor to create a lid and secure the roof when in play. The best bit about the roof in my opinion was the purchase of a stone effect spray by Plastikote from the Range, over a base coat it produces an effect like this.
The spray is textured as well so it feels great as well as looking cracking. The only downside was trying to stop the foam board from warping, which has happened of course, this has involved me now spraying the underside and lots of weighting down with various household objects.
But I do love the effect, let me know what you think.