Monday 7 December 2015

A post night shift thought....

I've just completed a run of night shifts, all 12 hours and all busy as ever.  As we move into the time of the year the NHS refers to as winter pressures our call volume goes sky high and crews are run ragged as a result my brain has become even more sleep deprived so excuse the rather disjointed thought process. 

Anyhoo this is about a particular call. I was called out to a house fire that had gutted the place, thankfully the occupants were all safe and no one was hurt but it had taken all of that person's worldly possessions.  This is of course very sad but like I said no one was hurt and at the end of the day it's just stuff, however.....if your house was on fire, If all of your loved ones inc pets were safe and away from your house. What one item, bearing in mind that this a gaming blog so keep it game related, what one item would you save from the flames?

No pondering, no time to debate or think, 5 seconds....tick.....tick.....tick....tick.....tick

Your answer?? Comments please (and pics if you got 'em!)

For me it was this high elf prince riding a griffon, the first model I painted after returning to the gaming fold and for once a decent paint job and a minor conversion with the dragon scale shield. I have painted better but I have a real fondness for the model that meant I played it despite its limited effectiveness in the field. As ever sorry about the quality of the pictures.



10 comments:

  1. If it had to be just one, the perhaps my first? A British Infantryman of 1879, but what a dastardly question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to limit us to just one item? Hell, no! I'd grab as many boxes of figures as I could, starting with my zombie collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, tough question, I'd be consumed by the flames as I tried to decide! For one grab, I'd go for one of my miniature cases, at least then I'd save some work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit to some indecision myself and I was thinking about the hospital I'm building as it has consumed so much of my time but it was my first thought so that's what it would be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have no idea what i'd grab. My favourite figures usually tends to be the last one I finished. I am quite fond of my Westfalia not Wez I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a chest with handles and drawers and we're off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a goddam awful question, I doubt there's a gamer among your followers that could select only select a single model, I know I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it a bugger though Joe! I think all gamers are a little bit pack rat like. We hoard games, minis, junk to make terrain, loads and loads of stuff.... ach! I think we'd prob all go down with the ship.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. A single model? No chance! It'd have to be large parts of my collection or nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would need a truck to move all my toys....as the fire appliance arrives "ahem, yeah thanks lads if you could start with the book case, I'll work on the shelves..."

    ReplyDelete