welcome back to my Urban Project, as you may recall I'm building my version of the Winchester Arms from the glorious English zombie movie - Shaun of the Dead. You can see the ground floor here. So this post is looking at the pub's first floor (second if you're in the US). As we don't get to see the "upstairs" floors of the Winchester in the film, it kind of gives me free rein to do what I like. On to the build...
Rather than go over the basics of building it, I'll just point out the differences. This time the windows are arched, I've also used some cheap acrylic paint to paint the floor as if it were carpeted, so used a green basic block colour and then "stippled" a pattern onto it. I also used a different colour "wallpaper" to break up the business and personal sides to the building.
I cut a hole for the stairwell from the ground floor (first floor).
I then set about making another set of stairs to the top floor. While these were drying I put some internal walls together and "tiled" the kitchen walls before making up a cooker and some kitchen units.
I even made a washing machine
before deciding to "mass produce" them with the moulds I've been playing around with along with sofas (which I showed in an earlier post) and bathroom furniture!
so instead we get these....
which I've made into moulds and produced some units made from Das, these will furnish my other buildings as well. I haven't got any decent photos of the finished units, but they are a little rough and ready due to my inexperience with using the moulds. They will pass muster but look a little like a kid made them for a Year 4 art project.......
I've must admit due to the huge scale of the task, I've not been as diligent as normal in taking WiP photos so I do apologise. Instead here are the finished rooms. First up the living room...
The sofas you should recognise from a previous post. The huge TV is made from bluefoam scraps, with the coffee table made from mdf bases and a bit of bluefoam. I printed off some magazine/comic covers to scatter on it. I also printed off a cheeky little portrait and framed it with gold coloured soft foam.
For the kitchen, I put in my Das units and some plates/cutlery as well as some homemade appliances. A cheeky breville anyone?
Finally I made an office for the landlord to do his accounts and keep his records in. The desk is made from an mdf scrap and bluefoam and the chair is made in the same way as I did for my hospital project.
Over time, when I've got more of the other structures for the board built I will come back to these levels and start adding more detail that will make the rooms more interesting - bookshelves, appliances etc. But as I don't anticipate much interest in the interiors of the buildings at PAW, these details will be for my games and my enjoyment and must take a bit of a back seat. I will still do some (I can't help myself) but it will not be to the level I would like just yet.
Anyway here is the overall view of the first floor, you can also see the balcony in the final photo!
|"Not" Shaun and "Not" Ed battle "Not" John and family...|
hope you enjoy