Wednesday 19 July 2017

Wargames Terrain Workshop 2

Hi all

A little while ago I picked up some more of Dave Stone's excellent terrain pieces, this time for my urban boards for use in my zombpoc games.



Not a lot to say about them other than, they look brilliant! You can get them in plain grey resin, as I did and paint them to your individual specifications or buy them pre-painted. I wanted them to compliment my existing terrain so bought them plain. For the gas cylinders, I went on to t'internet and painted them up with a well known global brand. As for the vending machines, I had no intention of naming the brands until I'd painted them up and then they looked like they were wearing utility belts - hence the superhero branding.

I've got plans for all of them, so they will start to crop up in upcoming AARs. Anyhoo the link to Dave's site is below, have a nose and see what you think.

http://wargamesterrainworkshop.co.uk/?product_cat=accessories

Hope you enjoy
dGG


28 comments:

  1. Simple, effective and very useful. You can't go wrong with Dave's excellent scenery items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all of them Andy, love the super hero branded drinks machines, fancy a glass of Captain Cola !
    On your fire barrels you can add some black wash coming up from the vent holes around the bottom this will give the effect of smoke marks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Dave, always nice that the sculpter likes the paint jobs

      Delete
  3. Terrific stuff Andy, big fan of Dave's resin as well you know. I especially like the vending machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them a lot, I can see them popping up a lot!

      Delete
  4. Excellent paint job and a cracking collection of useful scenic items - thanks for the link :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful Andy. I have some of the flaming oil drums, which I really need to do - splendid bits of kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crack on Master Awdry, you won't regret it ;-)

      Delete
  6. Ooooooh these look simply AMAZING. WOW they're good arent they.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They've painted up really nice. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good accessories mto have and they do look great,. A figure for size comparison would help too btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin' cool. Those gas containers ought to make some handy weapons for Gobbo in future adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmmmmm, I really like those fire barrels, I could see some of those in my games (surrounded by Gotham hobos and homeless kids, warming their hands by the light of the paraffin flames).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan bud, not just for zombpoc but other modern games

      Delete
  11. Leaving gas canisters next to open flames is just asking for trouble. And whilst I think i'd happily go for a Captain Cola, I'm not quite so sure about a 'Hero Enema'..."Hold still, Citizen, this is for your own good..."

    Nicely painted bits of kit, Andy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez! I'm not sure about the enema either. I wonder if "HeroClix" did some kind of mini?

      Delete
  12. Knowing you I think these will be on a Bushido board!

    Nice work all around and OK more zombies than Bushido I will admit. But worthwhile no matter what you use them for. Top Work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Clint, might be a little too modern for the Bushido age.... ;-P

      Delete
  13. These look really good mate. It's small scatter pieces like these that really add to a table and make it seem more "real" than with just buildings and roads.

    Saw Dave's stuff previewed over on Simon's (Blaxkleric) blog previously and I must say he does some lovely work. Shipping to the States is a bit steep (As most UK based shops suffer from), but I may well ask my old dear to buy and bring some over with her on her next visit.

    ReplyDelete