Wednesday 26 July 2017

Kahime Ito

Hi all

yet another of my emerging Ito Clan for your pleasure ;-P

This time with have Kahime Ito....

Orochi found Kaihime a worthy recipient of her gifts and bestowed upon this deadly samurai archer the means to carry out her will. Her keen eye and swift arm sew dead across the battlefield. Her arrows find their way through even the toughest Minimoto armour and if the cold Ito steel doesn’t finish her unlucky targets, Orochi’s blood soon devourers them from inside, leaving those praying for a swift end.

At a hefty 9 rice, she's quite expensive but totally worth it, even following the nerfing of ranged rules in Bushido. With boostable 3MS and 3RS she can fight or fire, although she shines at range. Being hebi she comes with the extra speed and "light footed" traits as well as "steady" and very importantly "blood of orochi" - poisoned arrows anyone?  With "Quick load" and "precision strike" she can whip out a volley of armour piercing poisoned arrows to boot!  To top it off she has armour (2), 8 wounds and "martial prowess" allowing her to reroll and attack or defence dice in melee.  she really has got lots to offer for that price tag.  She definitely becomes an auto-include.  The recent errata means that multiple shots in Bushido attract negative penalties following the first shot, making the quick reload less viable but I still think its totally worth it and Kahime will be my go to ranged fighter in this faction.


paint wise, I found her face a little difficult to get right but I've stuck to my theme colours and the colouration of her "hebi-portions" so I won't reiterate them here.  Needless to say I'm pleased with the results.  Added to that another lovely base from "Debris of War's" broken flagstone range and job is a good'un.




hope you enjoy
dGG

30 comments:

  1. That is a sensational sculpt Andy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a lovely sculpt, Friday's is even more majestic!

      Delete
  2. Very nice job. The half snakes are what really drew me to Ito so I can see I'll need to be getting this one at some point......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Jamie, I'm only surprised it's taken me this long to collect them!

      Delete
  3. Lovely job, I really like the design you are putting on the edge of the base. Is that to indicate the front arc of the figure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mate, LoS is vital in this game so bases are often marked up to indicate front facing. The base looks perfect for her, good job!

      Delete
  4. She is very nice indeed Andy, a highly attractive sculpt and excellent bit of painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hils. I'll try and get her into an Batrep video and sloooow down for folks x

      Delete
  5. More brilliance with the brush work sir! Lovely looking mini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Andy, you are putting me to shame with how quick you are knocking these out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, you're a busy man and I find myself with time on my hands although I am stalling on the last few models while I try and build terrain for Feb!

      Delete
    2. Ooohh terrain ! Looking forward to seeing what you create for the demo

      Delete
    3. It's going quite well, just figuring some bits out and then it's just building it!

      Delete
  7. This clan has some wonderful figures in it, well brought to life by you painting skills; they seem to be just getting better and better. Are you saving the best until last ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are mate, next one is an absolute beaut!!

      Delete
  8. Very nice work, Andy, although I can't imagine many members of this faction being able to pass themselves off as 'human'. Whilst I can see the advantages of their abilities, if I were to get into Bushido, this faction doesn't really appeal to me. And where are those Pandas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on the painting table mate but so many things keep pushing their way forward!

      Delete
  9. Excellent paintjob and also very nice report.It gave me a lot inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work dGG! She's a very cool looking character!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say the Ito clan look most inviting.... actually tat is the wrong word, but you know what I mean.

    very nice work indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you mate, cheers :-)

      Ps I'm really enjoying the Judge Dredd rpg mate, thanks for letting me play!

      Delete
  12. Kind of a Medusa vibe out of this one - like her very much.

    ReplyDelete