Friday 24 November 2017

Urban Project - Nash Road (WiP) part 2

Hi all

progress is slow but it is being made. I'm starting to get a little worried that I'm not going to finish the project in time and I'm not sure how I can get speed up!  Still I beaver away at it....

Last time I'd completed the ground floor and the gardens, a significant sized piece of work.  This time I managed to only complete two of the top floors for the three houses. So here they are (nearly) finished...

number 2 Nash Road.  Note the rooms are all differently decorated inc carpet colour.

small bedroom at the front of the house, master bedroom on the right and fitted bathroom at the bottom

rear view

small and horribly green (i still find these in old council properties)

my hand moulded bedroom furniture, very grubby - eeuuughhh!

movie posters on the wall and a digital alarm clock, finish this room

classic Athena poster!




couldn't resist adding a road sign

and a satellite dish and TV ariel



number 4 is a bit PINK!!
lurking in the bathroom...



more 80's film posters and Wicked

the small bedroom

more detail from my existing street furniture collection added for effect



I'm still yet to finish number 6  so that will have to wait until next week and then you can see the whole street.  After that we will see as I'm kinda making it up as I go along now....

hope you enjoy
dGG


27 comments:

  1. This is looking fantastic Andy, How much space is left to cover ? Incase I can come up with any ideas to help speed things up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll take a photo and email you Dave, cheers mate

      Delete
  2. It's all coming along REALLY nicely Andy!
    I was highly impressed with the room-by-room tour, but then was blown away when you switched to the wider views :-)
    Absolutely fantastic, and the road sign is just one of those "gems" that help make it a stand out piece of work!
    You can count me in as a volunteer if there's owt I might be able to help with to mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postie has just delivered a bag of "supermarket checkout tills" from China - far too many for what I'll need, so let me know if you want some.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Greg, haha you seem to have preempted me. The next piece will be a mini-mart so if you don’t mind, that would be great. I’ve sculpted a till but would like to see what you’ve got...

      Delete
    3. I'll pop 'em in the post tomorrow :-)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely superb, Andy. It's the little details that help bring it all to life. Good on you for adding that classic Athena poster to one of the houses. I remember it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a real classic mate, I had it myself!

      Delete
  4. I just love this Andy, it is the level of detail that you are adding that amazes me. Bravo Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, more detail will come along if I can find the time

      Delete
  5. without a single shred of doubt this is THE best thing you have ever made Andy. Its simply stunning and I find myself in awe at your talent and skill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea I have to agree, this is incredible dude ))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cracking mate. Job well done. Everything looks suitably grimy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome details, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspirational stuff. I cannot believe the detail. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Warrior, glad you’re enjoying it

      Delete
  10. I wish I could have some of your enthusiasm, you've suchseemingly accomplished done a great deal in such a short time ! The posters and all the other little details really 'make' these - job well done I'd say!
    If I had any crticism, it's the lack of a gap between the houses they look a bit awkward buttting on to each other imho. A gap with say a small gate would have opened up the terrain a bit, but it's really only a minor point.
    Looking forward to seeing Nash Street in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an addenda, how did you do the 'tiled' roof ? It's superb.

      Delete
    2. I totally get what you mean Joe, my initial sketch had something similar planned but I wanted the houses big enough to game in as well as around so I had to sacrifice some aesthetic for playability.

      The tiled roof is blue foam with a flat head screwdriver pressed into it in rows and columns. I’ll tutorial it if you like?

      Delete
    3. I would love to see a tutorial on the steps involved with the roof! ( I suspect it would be well recieved by others too)

      Delete