Wednesday 10 April 2019

A blog shutdown...

Hi all

This week I was going to post about the gaming convention Uncon, that I was hosting games for. It was a rather awesome weekend and I was buzzing when we finished on the Sunday evening, with my games going down very well indeed. I was all set to produce a glowing post and I went to bed in fine spirits.

Unfortunately I had that dreaded early morning phone call... my dad has passed away. So here I am with very little enthusiasm for blogging and no desire to post for a while. I will still be hobbying, painting has always been a way of relaxing and de stressing and I will keep gaming. However, I won’t be blogging for a while until I can get my head straight and my posting mojo high again. Rest assured I still enjoy reading my favourite blogs but it is unlikely I will comment frequently.

Thanks for your patience 
dGG aka Andy

15 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss; all the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really sorry to hear this Andy and I fully understand how you're feeling.
    You've already mentioned the benefits of the hobby as far as relaxing and de-stressing, but don't forget the advantage of "distraction" it brings? It's taken me a LONG time to get over losing my dad (to be honest, I still don't think I fully have) and having the hobby to take my mind off things helped immensely.
    All the best mate and I hope you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear the dreadful news Andy. Come back whenever you can. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear Andy, my condolences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having lost both my parents I know full well how you're feeling, mate. Take as much time as you need to recover - we'll still be here when you get back. You have my deepest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been there mate, so can feel your pain, fully understand your need for a break, all the very best to you and your family.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss mate, when your ready we'll be here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sorry to hear that.
    Best of everything to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your loss Andy. Keep well and come back to blogging only when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh *hugs and good wishes*

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's nothing anyone can say to help really, but I will be thinkin about you and your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry mate I've only just picked up on this, there's nothing anyone can say that will make much difference to how you feel. I'm with Greg on this, it's over 20 years since my dad died and I still miss him, but in a good way so things improve as always with time.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete